Sculpting Your Kitchen Altar with Clay
Time & Location
About the Event
A Mindful Ceramics offering: Sculpting Your Kitchen Altar
An online workshop to honor your food through creating sacred vessels for what you use in your Kitchen. Create vessels that will be used to eat your food or be put on your Kitchen Altar. The time is now to build a new relationship with our food. Food is medicine and a powerful tool to support you well-being during these times. Let's create some magic together.
In 4 weeks you will learn:
- Basic Sculpting Techniques
- Create at least four vessels for your kitchen
- Learn about how to create a Kitchen Altar to honor your food.
- AND MORE . .
Basics and Kitchen Altar
Learn about the power of intention and mindfulness while learning the basic of hand-building with clay & How to set-up your Kitchen Altar.
Integration & Creation with the Elements
Learn more about altar making with the 4 elements: Fire, Water, Earth and Air. Create your first vessel.
3rd Class: Trimming & Sacred Foods
Learn techniques to clean-up your vessels. Learn about sacred foods and how we can honor them. Learn about indigenous native foods: The Three Sisters and more ! Even a little on immune boosting foods for COVID times.
4th Class: Glazing & Integration
Time to integrate what you have learned, add final touches and ask final questions.
What is included in the price:
- Instruction time of 2.5 hours every Friday for 4 weeks.
- Clay and sculpting tools.
- Firing of your vessels you create at home.
- Simple Glazing
To purchase a clay kit where you can keep your own tools will be an additional discounted price.
Intermediate Series coming soon. Hand-building tea cups, spice bowls, planters, simple vases and aquafers!
- Early Bird$199+$4.98 Service fee$199+$4.98 Service fee0$0
- Regular$215+$5.38 Service fee$215+$5.38 Service fee0$0
- Sliding Scale$0$00$0